In this article, we have reviewed best tire shines. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot or you can scroll down for the detailed reviews.
For those who pay attention to detail, it’s the cherry on top after taking the tedious time out to wash all the dirt and mud off your car- the tire shine! Washing out your wheels with regular soap and tire cleaner might not just be enough.
What makes the difference is a next-level deal. Mostly available in gel and spray, tire shine gives your tires a classy look for the ages. A high-end glossy look with a pop! Believe me, this immediately sets you aside from the rest.
The truth is, as much as we all want the best, you could never get through the endless list of tire shine products stocked in stores of all kinds, to know the best tire shine for your car tires.
Howbeit the kind of look or detail you’re trying to attain for your car tires – a long-lasting shine, a professional detail-type shine, or just something for the road and on the go, here are 7 of the best tire shine products and everything you need to know about them.
Top 7 Best Tire Shines
1. Chemical Guys VRP Dressing
With so many tire shine products flooding the market year-in year-out, the Chemical Guys’ Vinyl, Plastic, Rubber Dressing has remained a super choice.
Its notable versatility stems from its formulation to work across a wide variety of materials, making cleaning a lot easier. The water-based product will give old, grimy tires a brand new, lustrous shine while also repairing the inner surfaces for a complete restoration.
Want more? It comes with its own UV protection to give a long-lasting shine, and dries quickly to a perfect, non-greasy finish. It’s also economical as it doesn’t cost a lot and a single bottle will suffice for quite a while.
Unfortunately, VRP Dressing doesn’t last in the rain and could leave tiny white streaks when it runs overtime. But it might be a long while.
- UV Protection against damage
- Protects against fading
- Non-greasy, dry to touch
- Not long-lasting
- Not durable in rain
- leaves white streaks
- Restore and maintain shine: Penetrates deep to nourish and restore vinyl, rubber and plastic. Refined cream creates a long lasting, non greasy dry to the touch high, rich shine on tires, dashboards, door panels, bumper trim, windshield cowls, rubber tire sidewalls, grilles, grates, side mirrors and more
- Protect against fading: Refined cream restores and protects vinyl, rubber and plastic against UV damage and from becoming faded and cracked. Specialty UV blockers act like sunscreen to repel harmful solar rays that bleach, fade, and crack sensitive car parts over time
- Non greasy water based formula: Achieve a non greasy long lasting deep wet look on both interior and exterior vinyl, rubber, plastic and tires with this water based dressing. Quick and easy application with no sling and no mess
- The No 1 Brand in car care: Beginners and professionals alike choose chemical guys, not only for the finest car care products, but the world class customer support and vast detailing knowledge. Chemical guys is more than a brand it's a lifestyle with a worldwide following
- Satisfaction guaranteed: Our customers love our products. We love our products, and we want to make sure you love them too
2. TriNova Tire Shine Spray
This tire shine product gives a lasting lustrous shine to your tires, so much you may have to wipe them down a little to restore them to their original black luster look.
What’s more exciting is that the longer you leave the shine on, the shinier and glossier your tires will get. It’s easy to apply, and the very sizeable bottle can sure keep you going for a while. The product formula is packed with an anti-aging agent that also repels dirt.
Sadly, the downside to this product is that is leaves a spotty finish when too much of the shine is used. An overspray is a common challenge with tire shines but a careful and calculated approach avoids this drawback.
- Doesn’t require wiping
- Repels dirt and grime
- Long-lasting shine
- Spotty finish
- Doesn’t last in the rain
- Lots of overspray
- GIVE YOUR TIRES A SLICK FINISH – TriNova’s Tire Shine Spray is the easiest way to give your tires the dark and shiny look you want. Say goodbye to those faded and dusty tires
- ADVANCED COATING & PROTECTION – Not only will this spray give your tires the shine you’re looking for, it’ll also protect them from other deteriorating signs of aging. With just a single coating of this Tire Shine, your rubber tires will be guarded agains
- REPELS DIRT & GRIME – TriNova’s Tire Shine Spray also offers additional protection against outside elements that can ruin your car’s appearance and also damage your tires along the way. With this spray, you won’t have to worry about water spots or salt st
- GET THE SHINE YOU WANT – High shine, medium shine or low shine, with this spray you can achieve whichever level of shine you want. Doing so is easy: the longer you leave the spray on your tires, the more shine you’ll see when you wipe it off.
- ACHIEVE A SHINE THAT LASTS – Unlike other shine sprays, you won’t have to apply TriNova’s Tire Shine Spray multiple times a week. With this product, your tires will get a gloss that lasts longer than that you’d get from any other product on the market. In
3. Meguiar’s G190315 Ultimate Insane Shine Tire Coating
This unique product comes fitted in its own aerosol can, delivering a polymer formula that forms a thin, shiny film over the surface of your car tire.
Meguiar’s tire shine is formulated with advanced technological innovations like the resin tech that gives a durable, long lasting glossy look, as well as the anti-ozonate agents that protect the life span of your tires, preventing them from wearing and cracking.
The product is very easy to use, needing only to spray and wiping off excess shine.
Being a pressurized aerosol product, it easily delivers excess product if not handled carefully. Application requires a deliberate and calculated action.
The shine also dulls with frequent driving. So this particular product may be best suited for cars in showrooms with less mileage, but needing that sparkling, shiny appearance.
- High gloss shine
- Long-lasting finish
- Easy to use
- Excess product creates sling off
- Easy to overspray
- Doesn’t last with daily driving
- HIGHEST GLOSS TIRE SHINE: synthetic polymer chemistry delivers our highest gloss tire shine!
- LASTING FINISH: advanced resin technology produces a long-lasting finish
- PROTECTION: anti-odorants offer protection against cracking and fading
- SOAKING WET-LOOK: spray tire dressing offers soaking wet-look gloss
- EASY TO USE: convenient and easy to use aerosol allows you to simply spray and walk away
4. CarGuys Tire Shine Spray
Carguys tire shine spray comes with a newly patented polymer tech that serves several benefits to the shine product. A non-sling tire shine, meaning it dries off as soon as it’s applied and immediately forms a brilliant soothing film with the surface of your car tires.
The film remains intact and doesn’t get flung all around when you drive off. It is durable, long lasting and thankfully, non-toxic.
A drawback is the product doesn’t fare well in heat. It doesn’t dry and set as fast in high heat climates. As such, you can expect the film to sling all over the place when the tires are on motion.
- UV protectant shield
- No-sling formula
- Environmentally friendly
- Needs smaller bottle for easy application
- Needs better bottle seal
- Doesn’t last in rain
- ✅ Made with Advanced Science! – Are you tired of using products that look great, but don’t last? You won’t experience that here! This magic in a bottle produces a deep shine, slick surface, and gives long lasting protection! Stop using inferior products made with old science and technology! This will out last and out shine them all!
- ✅ Streak Free and Safe on ANY Surface! – This product is super quick and easy to use, but it's also safe to apply onto EVERY SURFACE on ANY vehicle. Whether you have a car, truck, motorcycle, rv, or boat -- Never again worry about white residue or streaks that traditional wax will give you! Use this on Paint, Plastic, Glass, and everything else that needs shine and UV protection!
- ✅ Brilliant Show Car Shine! – Most products nowadays will make your car look pretty good.. CAR GUYS Hybrid Wax brings the gloss and reflections up another level! This long lasting formula works at the molecular nano level for instant results, leaving you with a head turning shine that is sure to make all the neighbors jealous!
- ✅ Why choose CAR GUYS? – We Care About Quality! Our products are made with the latest advancements in science, using the best equipment available. This helps us make consistently high quality products that always work great! Every formula we make is mixed and bottled, in the USA, by hard working Americans!
- ✅ We Care About Customer Satisfaction! – We're Not Happy, If You're Not Happy! If you're not happy with our product, for ANY REASON at all, get in contact with CAR GUYS anytime after your purchase, and we’ll be happy to provide a full refund. So what are you waiting for?! -- Click 'Add to Cart' Now!
5. Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel
The first gel shine among the bunch, Armor all extreme tire shine gel has worthy of mention. Although closer to the lower end of the scale, this tire shine is a bargain product!
Its low cost can never tell the entire story on the end result, which genuinely looks top end. But know this, you will not get the shiny holy grail finish with this product. If that’s what you’re looking for, then this is not for you.
If you’re more for the underrated, original brand-new outlook, then this is great for you. What’s more enticing is the long-lasting finish, with the special anti-UV protection.
Downside to this product – gels generally, is that they’re messy to work with. It takes a lot of time and patience to achieve a clean shine. You just can’t afford not to be gentle with the applicator sponge.
- Prevents cracking and fading
- No overspray
- Advanced durable formula
- Applicator sponge not durable
- Messy to apply
- Gives a greasy feel after wiping clean
- Advanced formula engineered for extraordinary results
- Delivers serious wet black shine that last for weeks
- Rich, durable gel coats for a smooth, even look
- No messy overspray
- Protects against harmful elements that cause cracking & fading
6. Turtle Wax Wet’n Black Ultra Wet Tire Shine
Turtle wax tire shine high-end tire shine product is fitted with a spray nozzle, making it really handy and easy to apply. The sizable bottle provides a lot of shine to remedy the cost, and more importantly, dries off very fast.
This affords you much less time spent waiting and little worry about the shine slinging off of your tires. The brilliant mix of silicon polymers in the formulation also allows the shine to be used over a wide variety of materials like rubber, vinyl, and plastic.
Customarily, it also protects against UV degradation and cracking of your tires.
An unexpected drawback is that the bottle leaks when in use. It also has strict application directions which when not followed, may not yield desired results.
- UV inhibitors
- Prevents drying, fading, and cracking
- Fast drying
- Bottle can leak
- Not shiny if applied incorrectly
- Not long lasting
- These 1-step products use innovative technology to deliver maximum shine and protection in a fraction of the time
- The Quick & Easy product line combines multiple jobs into simple 1-step solutions to get you back on the road
- Kit includes Zip Wax Wash & Wax, Wax & Dry Spray Wax, Clean & Shine Total Exterior Detailer, Dash & Glass Interior Detailer, (2) Premium Microfiber Towels
- This kit includes products to clean, shine & protect your car's surfaces
- Use Quick & Easy Kit on a wide range of surfaces such as paint, trim, windows, dashboards, interior hard surfaces & tech screens
7. Carfidant Ultimate Tire Shine Spray
The Carfidant ultimate tire shine spray is specially formulated with a nano-polymer that protects against salt and UV damage, which is a unique function.
The shine is non-toxic, so can be sued without fear of danger to self or the environment. As expected, it has a versatile application range, containing no dyes or scents. It comes with a handy and durable applicator sponge that shines the tires effectively.
The product wears off easily and unevenly. One might have to reapply severally. It also doesn’t last well in the rain.
- Easily control the amount of “shine”
- No extra dyes or scents
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t last in rain
- Wears unevenly
- May stain your driveway
- ULTIMATE TIRE SHINE - Our unique nano-polymer formula is like no other tire shine you have tried! Just a few sprays and a quick wipe with our included applicator and your wheel will look slick, wet, dark and looking like you just rolled off the showroom floor!
- REAL TIRE PROTECTION - Many people use car detailing kits, wheel cleaners, waxes, polishes and all other car accessories but never consider that tires need protection too! Tires are expensive, and you can protect them while making them look good! Our Ultimate Tire Shine will protect your tires from harmful UV rays, salt and other road grime! Make sure to use our wheel cleaner in addition to the tire shine to avoid dry rot and deterioration of your tires and rubber!
- ADVANCED NANO-POLYMER COATING TECHNOLOGY - Like all our automotive detailing supplies we formulate our products to be the absolute best! We don't believe in extra dyes or harmful scents. We give you pure high quality chemicals you need, with nothing you don't! Our spray is non-toxic and safe for you, your vehicle and the environment!
- CONTROL SHINE LEVEL - Our special formula is made so you can easily control the amount of "shine" you would like on your wheels! Easy to follow instructions allow you to get anywhere from a light "natural" shine to a soaking wet deep shine!
- MADE IN USA - CARFIDANT 100% SATISFACTION - Don't take our word that this is the best in car detailing products and car cleaning supplies, if you are not 100% satisfied we will refund you in full! We are professionals! We are enthusiasts! We spent years developing our professional automotive detailing products and believe in them 100%! We use them. Our friends use them. If you are not 100% satisfied with any of our products, we will give you a full refund! Send us a message!
The Best Tire Shine Buying Guide & FAQ
So, now that you’ve been acquainted with the best of the best tire shine products in the market, how do you know which is perfect for you? It’s no news these products are made different for different uses and purposes and consequently, they will have different selling points.
In a bid to discover exactly what will be best suited for you, we have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions for you to have not just a broad overview, but also a first-hand insight into the different options and what to expect from them.
What Are the Different Types of Tire Shines?
Based on their composition and formulation, tire shines can either be water-based or solvent-based. They can also be applied in two ways; gel or spray.
Made typically from natural oils and polymers suspended in a water solution, they have a less rigorous reaction to the tire rubber, and can be applied frequently without fear of damage to the tires.
They’re certainly not as long-lasting as the solvent-based type and they don’t give off the same intensity of finish.
Containing the same composition as water-based shines, only they are suspended in solvents, which are more abrasive to the rubbers of the tires, which requires quite a lot of application to degrade.
They last longer and produce a very shiny feel and appearance, born out of an intimate bond between the tire and the shine.
They are faster and easier to apply and of course, are more expensive. Wiping down after application might be necessary to remove excess spray that may be flung all over the wheels and car bodywork when driving.
Perfectly fitted spray nozzles are also important to ensure a smooth and brilliant finish.
Gels are more difficult to apply and may become a messy ordeal. They are time-consuming and requires the use of an applicator. Overall, they provide a smoother and more even finish than spray shines.
Why Do You Need A Tire Shine?
Not considering the obvious fact that tire shines make car tires look great, giving a deep, lustrous and shiny look to your wheels to complement your car, they also repel dirt and grime, and protect against a wide range of potential damages, keeping your tires cleaner for longer
What Are the Important Features of a Tire Shine?
The important features to look out for are factors that ultimately protect your tires, and improve not just their look, but their function too. You also have to consider the kind of appearance you think will be perfect for your tires, and how best or easily you can make that happen. Here are a few points to consider;
- Ease of application
- Shiny finish
- Good UV protection
- Type of shine
Care and Maintenance for Tire Shines
Depending on each product, there are always a few dos and don’ts to adhere to for a successful shine operation. It’s best to always follow product instructions to ensure the best possible results.
Some tire shines perform rather poorly under high heat conditions and should only be applied when the tires are cool to touch. These types of shine are not suited for hot climate regions as they would never dry properly. Some other types of shine are also bad performers in the rain.
Before very tire shine operation, the tires should be given a good, proper wash to establish a clean and clear surface before the shine comes on. A clean surface ensures the best results.
Here are a few points to bear in mind for maintaining your tire shines;
- Never use tire shines on hot tires
- Always follow manufacturer’s directions
- Clean your tires properly before shinning
- Avoid rain/water on shined tires
- Do not leave shined tires in direct sunlight.
You may also like to read about: Best Tires for Prius